[Nfb-krafters-korner] Help please

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Wed Aug 24 17:02:42 UTC 2011

I have to add to this.  The past two years we have had the Amish carpenters
do construction at our home. The put a wrap around porch on our house that
goes across the entire front, around the side and to the back of the house.
And, this year we had them build a shed building off our barn/garage.  The
are the BEST people you can have to do this kind of work for you.  The give
you an honest price, that does not change. they arrive exactly when they say
they will begin, the come every day until the work is completed, and they
work the entire day together on the project.  Around here, construction
people are very unreliable, do not come when they promise to come, take much
longer to do your job, and it ends up costing you lots more than they
originally quoted.  That is IF you can even get them to come and give you an
estimate in the first place. We have watched this take place in many
people's projects in our area. One friend hired a company to do her interior
of her home, and it took FOUR years for them to get the job done, and my
neighbors had to wait about 2 years while their home was torn up by local
contractors.  So we are VERY VERY pleased with the work ethic and honesty
and good work the Amish have done for us - we live north of Pittsburgh, PA -
where there are LOTS of Amish who are kept very busy by the ENGLISH who
appreciate their work.

Lynda River Woman