[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sewing machine project?

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 19:34:13 UTC 2011

You don't have to spend a lot on a sewing machine for a starter.   Sears
sewing machines are ranked up there.  If you have a sewing machine,  fabric,
quilt store or like me EBay you can pick up a sewing machine for a
reasonable price.  Those sewing machine and fabric or quilting stores get  sewing
machines turned in to them and they usually go over the to be sure they  are
cleaned and working well and then resell them.  I was looking for a  sewing
machine to do a certain thing and I found it on EBay.  It cost me  $115 and
that included shipping.  I got it from a sewing machine place that  guaranteed
it.  The first one I got sewed, but it had a problem from the  first time I
got it.  So they sent me another one and it worked  great.  They were
suppose to send me a return label and pick up for the one  that was not working
and they never did that.

As with all things once you get it open it up and test it out ASAP so if
you are not satisfied make arrangements to return it.

The machine I got works well and what is special that I wanted was to make
buttonholes on this machine it has this special foot and you drop your
button in  this foot and slide it up against the button and beside setting the
dials[yes  dials[ to all the red spots[marked with raised dots for me].  This
machine  will make a perfect buttonhole to fit that button every time and
all I have to  do is press my foot on the peddle and feel the fabric moving
making the  buttonhole.  As soon as it stays in one place the buttonhole is
done!

I use to have an older Singer Futura sewing machine and it did this
wonderful thing.  The old Futura gave up on me and when I started sewing  overalls
for my 3 Princesses I needed to find a way for doing buttonholes.   So
searching on Google I came up with a newer model that had this wonderful foot
and capability and then went off to EBay to see if I could find one.  I not
only found one by a reputable  seller that was a business selling machines,
but I paid $99 for it.

In a message dated 2/12/2011 3:07:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,