[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sewing machine project?

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 01:37:17 UTC 2011

I have a sewing machine and know how to use it.  My sister and I were taught
early on how to use one.  When I went to the rehab center in Richmond, they
showed me how to set it up for me to use easier.  I also took home economics
before I lost my sight.  I use butcher paper for larger pattern pieces and
card stock or cardboard for smaller pieces.  I mainly use the machine for
long straight seams that would be through more than two layers because it is
quicker than by hand.  I quilt by hand and have one of the larger quilting
fraims that allows the quilt to be roled up on it like a scrole.I have used
the machine to do the four long seams on the four outer edges which would go
through the quilt top, batting, and backing before you fold the edges over
and then sew the final edging seam by hand.  We have one of those smaller
sewing machines, but haven't taken the time to really check it out.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net