[Nfb-krafters-korner] dropped stitches

Deborah Barnes kg4akz at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 4 19:05:57 UTC 2011

Wow, Linda, I'm so glad you have a friend who can help.  I love prayer shawls, too, and a prayer ministry at a church would definitely increase my interest in going there.  And I do think it's neat that the church has prayer over the shawl before it goes to its new home.

But I have to tell you:  Homespun, although soft and cuddly, can be a real bear!!!  I finally found peace with it but it took me a long time and I did learn that using larger needles (and preferably sharper ones) definitely helps.  <g<
Guess that's why I love doing prayer shawls with it--using larger needles and Homespun works great!

But the shawl will have stayed in your loving hands much longer and will bring joy and peace to whoever gets it.

Deb B.