[Nfb-krafters-korner] communicating classes and times

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 18:51:40 UTC 2011

Dixie,Dixie,

First I need someone that is thinking about teaching a class to contact
me.  I generally may ask a few questions in regards to the class and how  the
teacher plans on doing the class.  I also find out what day of the week  or
time and how many classes they think they will need.  I have included my
judgement call from experience regarding how many classes would be good to
cover  what the teacher has in mind.  If it is a totally new teacher I make the
 suggestion that the teacher and I get together and the teacher teaches me
the  class.  I will record that class for the teacher for them to review it
if  they want or for them to create some written directions from the
recording for  hand outs.  I will depending on the teacher and how things go will
give  them a date or suggest when this can be scheduled.  At this point the
teacher has to submit on the website a class proposal.  We are asking that
the class proposal be submitted on the website 6 weeks prior to the first
day of  the classstarting date.  From the time the class proposal is submitted
it  takes a minimum of 1 week to prepare and be put up on the website.  If
Cindy needs more information or something clarified with a teacher emails
go  back and forth and it could delay things.  So that puts it up on the
website between 4 and 5 weeks prior to the class start date.  We feel that
should be enough time to order or purchase supplies for the class.

So this is an example on what happens prior to the first day of  class.
This can really take 6 to 8 weeks prior to the students calling in  to attend
that first class.So you are looking at Jan. 7 today  and if you  wanted to
do a class and haven't contacted me as of yet, you are looking at the  last
week of Feb or first week of March to start a class.

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes for classes to be  available.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate asking.

In a message dated 1/7/2011 10:07:27 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,