[Nfb-krafters-korner] New topic

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 06:15:37 UTC 2011

Hello Joyce -- Hope you are feeling better.
This thread has really gotten nasty, unfortunately.
You asked for comments: I personally think that if a class has 3 sessions
and person X can't make it to the second session, that that person should be
able to download the recording -- my reasoning is that of all the recordings
person X can download, the second would be most important, since that is the
one person X missed.
I agree that a person needs to show up for the first class, but after that
people should be able to miss a session and still get the recording.
Now if X misses both the second and third sessions, perhaps the instructor
could control the distribution of recordings for those missed sessions.

I personally think many of these classes (the ones I have attended) have
been so informal that people sometimes spend the whole hour sitting around
chatting about mostly unrelated things while working on their projects.
This makes some recordings much less informative.
This isn't a complaint, it is more just an observation.  An example for me
was the beaded Christmas tree.  The first session introduced how to stack
the beads on the safety pins, and there needed to be 66 of those.  So we all
chatted the rest of the hour while putting beads on pins.  Very little about
the project was discussed.

So that's my opinion. I hope it doesn't draw any flames.  I hope this cloud
can blow over sooner.
Take care.
--le