[Nfb-krafters-korner] New topic

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sat Jan 8 05:10:37 UTC 2011

In regards to your example below, reference the three classes, I believe the
first class must be attended for the student to be considered enrolled in
said class.  If the student were to then miss a class, then they should be
allowed access to further class recordings as long as they go through proper
channels, instructor and Joyce.  Then let Laurie be the one who gives that
student access to the recording off list.

Personally speaking, I don't care what you do with any recordings of classes
I teach either in the past or in the future.  I have a lot more that could
be said on just how disappointed I am of the attitudes that have been voiced
on this ever expanding topic, but it would serve not a single purpose other
than feuling even more stressful behavior and to what ends would that do?
Nothing but further cause more hate and discontent.  It saddens me beyond
measure that all of this has pushed us so very far away from the base
meaning of this group that there are those who even mention leaving or no
longer wishing to participate in the group discussions or activities.

I have held several positions in two different local chapters of NFB and ACB
and neither of them were meer figure head positions.  I have delt with
constitutional issues and I know you will never please every member in an
organization.  Everyone has an opinion and when all is said and done, no one
speaks for me, but me.  We are a group of adults that can and should be able
to handle business like adults.  This is not a round table where there is no
head.  Joyce is the President and there are set officers and board members.
A group such as this cannot be conducted as if they were a local chapter
where everyone comes together once a month and regular reports are made and
old and new business are openly discussed.  Do you honestly think a group as
young as 3 years old can be a well oiled, fully operational organization?
Then you have been sadly misinformed.  The Richmond Chapter is over 50 years
old and it is an ever changing group, growing and shrinking with every
change of the organizational backbone.

Focus on why we have come together, our love of crafting and sharing the
knowledge we have been blessed with and leave the attitudes off list.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net