[Nfb-krafters-korner] Many thanks, Donna

linda the_ninn at tx.rr.com
Thu Jan 20 16:57:52 UTC 2011

I'm right there with you, Teresa,

Kitchner stitch, also called grafting stitch, is a method of sewing seams
together from live stitches - like we did with the 3-needle bind-off.  The
difference is that instead of using a knitting needle, you use a large eyed
blunt needle an pick up and remove the live stitches in a particular
sequence and the end result is invisible.  In theory, any way (smile)!

I had tried doing the kitchner when I was practicing my double circ and
magic loop techniques.  I did not do too well then, however I have looked up
tutorials on it and last night I did it and it is almost invisible.   I gave
the two cloths to my daughter and asked her which one she liked best.  She
picked the kitchner.  The seam is flat and the stitches appear to be knit or
woven together.

If you want, contact me off list and I'll walk you through it.  I think you
will like it.  Always good to have a variety of tricks in your bag -
something for every occasion!

Blessings,
Ninn
the_ninn at tx.rr.com