[Nfb-krafters-korner] Story Readings

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Thu Jan 20 20:55:08 UTC 2011

Audrey:

the one session that was recorded was not circulated. In fact, I remember
when I saw the recording file up on the conference call server, I wrote an
email to you and joyce asking what I should do with it as it was not a KK
class or crafting session. I got no response and therefore did nothing with
the recording. Given that it was at least 6 months to a year ago when this
happened, I have since deleted this recording a long long time ago.

As far as recording without your knowledge is concerned, it is impossible
given that there is an annoucement that says "This room is now being
recorded and then gives an ID number  any time a recording has started. it
also announces when the recording is stopped.

Audrey, I hope this clears up any questions you have about these stories and
recordings.  I do find it somewhat disturbing that you would think  we, at
the krafters korner would willfully go against anybody's request for
something not to be recorded and thus distribute it. I saw your stories as
something not necessarily related to the KK itself. Therefore, I didn't want
the responsibility of processing them. In my mind, the only relationship
between the KK and your stories is that you used our conference calling
service, and I hope you'll continue to do so. but that's all. and I would
encourage you to continue with the knowledge that your sessions will not be
recorded by the KK.  the only people who can start these recordings are
either joyce and myself as you need moterator privileges to access the
recording features on the service. The only ones who have access to the mp3
files up on the conference calling server are myself and joyce. The site is
password protected. We do this for security purposes.    What that means in
plain english is that nobody can access any recorded materials be it KK
classes or other things is Joyce and myself. We are the gatekeepers of all
that we do. I do not think is copyright infringement for a person to read to
someone else out loud.