[Nfb-krafters-korner] Kitchner Stitch and other Techniques

linda the_ninn at tx.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 21:46:42 UTC 2011

Susan,

>From the first time I tried the kitchner it hooked me!  There is a sort of
rhythm to it that I like - weird, I know, but, there you have it!     I like
that it gives you a woven look that completely hides the seam.  I have a
lacy wrist warmer pattern that has a scalloped edge.  I want to make a scarf
to match, but with the scalloped edge, it will come out reversed at the
other end.  So, I figured I could knit two halves of the scarf and then use
the kitchner to join them.  Wish me luck.

What is a Liberty Cap?  Sounds like it calls for pretty thin yarn.  I shy
away from anything smaller than a light weight 4.  Have you come up with a
way to change size on a pattern when you change the yarn size or body size?
I hear there is a website called "knitter's math" or something like that.  I
plan to check that out when I get a minute (smile).

I am looking at learning to do the provisional cast on - but have not tried
it yet.  What is ."fusing a brim?"
  And what is a trapeze
 Line?  Is that like a "life-line?"  I whish I had heard of a life-line a
long time ago.  I missed Eileen's class, but threaded a line through some
work I was doing and that worked.  I hope to get in a class and learn the
correct way to insert one.

You are lucky you have a sister close by that can help you with your
knitting.  I am assuming, of course, that she is sighted .  My sister is a
knitter, also, but she lives in Atlanta.  We Skipe each other and knit
together that way.  I love it.  We canshow each other what we are working on
and give each other advice.

Blessings,
Ninn
the_ninn at tx.rr.com