[Nfb-krafters-korner] Kitchner Stitch and other Techniques

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 11:41:57 UTC 2011

Joyce,

The reason I'll be using double pointed needles towards the end is that the
decreasing of the cap will be like a cone, only not going all the way to a
point.  I don't know how to do the double circular needles, but I have a
second number 1, 14 inch circular needle because I'll need it when I unravel
the proventional cast on and fuse the brim together.  Right now I only have
3 more rows to go before I put a trapeze line in and then deal with the
proventional cast on.

Once the cap is 8-1/2 inches long, then I'll start the decreaseing, but it
does not decrease like a regular stocking cap.  For every decrease round,
you knit 10 rounds and do this for about 4 repeats, then for every decrease
round, you knit 5 rounds for at least 6 or mor times.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net