[Nfb-krafters-korner] Basket Class who would be interested?

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 23:51:23 UTC 2011

It is not a school.  It is a work place for the handicap.  This  place was
started some 20 or 30 years back by some graduate students from  Yale.  The
company that this is part of helps train handicap people and  help them to
find jobs.  They also take care of severe handicap people and  I believe they
even have group homes.  So I am working in a part that they  repair recane
chairs and weave rush chairs that the public bring in to the  shop.  They do
not charge as much as the competitive chair weaving places,  but folks that
bring the chairs in to be done need to be patient.  They do  have plenty of
work waiting to be done and I go 2 days a week.  They are  only open
something like 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and are closed on Friday and the  weekend.  I
roll in there between 9 and 9:30 a.m. and by maybe 10 a.m.  there are 5 of us
there.  There are 2 guys that come on the days that I am  there and stay
for only around 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then they leave.  They  have 2 people
that do the training and right now one of them is almost one on  one with me
while I am learning.  So I have 3 more weeks of the 90 day  training and I am
hoping I will get another 90 day training period.  I have  heard them tell
the blind agency they will hire me if I want to stay.  So I  will see what
happens.

In a message dated 1/23/2011 3:28:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,