[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet patterns for baby

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 00:20:59 UTC 2011

Hi Carol, and congratulations!!! :) :) :)
One thing you could make is one of those zigzag crocheted afghans, made
small and from baby yarn.  It would look really cute as a baby blanket, and
as the little one grows, he/she will probably enjoy looking at the zig zaggy
pattern and the colors you chose to put in it.
You can actually make any variation you want on the zig zags.  For example,
I have done swatches with the increases and decreases spread out slightly,
and the resulting fabric is wavy instead of sharp zigzags.
That's the only solid idea I have so far.  It is nice because it does not
have holes for fingers to come through.
If I think of anything else I'll ppass it along.
--le