[Nfb-krafters-korner] Need Sewing Machine Recommendations

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jan 27 22:13:18 UTC 2011

Eleni,

Well I am not sure what you mean by mechanical here.  An electric  machine
is an electric machine.  I personally lerned how to sew on aSinger  foot
treddle machine.  So no electricity with that one.  Just as fast  as you could
push that peddle back and forth with your foot.

As far as a light weight old machine that just goes back and forth that is
electric a Singer Feather weight is a fantastic machine.  They can be a bit
 pricey due to folks wanting such a  small work horse machine.  They  had
stopped making them, but I think they have brought back that model.   There
are a lot of sewing machines out there today that you can purchase brand  new
for $100.  Start out with Grandma's and if you like sewing go from  there.

In a message dated 1/27/2011 12:07:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,