[Nfb-krafters-korner] Found a Basketry Partner

Eleni Vamvakari magkisa83 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 00:05:37 UTC 2011

It seems that I've found a partner for basket weaving!  Grandma knows
how to make baskets, and though she didn't know the word coiling,
since English is not her native language, she appeared to understand
when I explained it.  But she also clearly demonstrated that she knows
the other form of weaving with reed.  I showed her the basket that
Dorian made and she said that they're very easy to make and that she's
willing to help me when the weather is decent.  Sshe has chronic
rumatoid arthritis so can't work when it's raining/snowing.  Now I'm
excited!  I've got my own teacher right at home!  And she can read
easy things and is very good with illustrations so can help me with a
kit etc.  She even said that she's worked with metal!  I know that she
crocheted but she hasn't been able to teach me thus far due to her
hands and to the fact that, no matter what I do, I simply can't get
the hang of it.  But she's very knowledgeable in the crafts department
so is bound to show me something else of interest.  For instance,
every time we play dominoes, she creates beautiful pictures with the
pieces.  I've never seen anyone else do that and am amazed each time.
I remember, one time, I won and was disappointed because she couldn't
finish the picture! *smile*

The happy one,
Eleni