[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hand building with clay

Georgia Kitchen gakitchen at gfn.org
Sun Jul 3 02:47:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Yes, an art center is a good place. We have a art council office that has
shows and I have gotten to know them over the last few years. It is
relatively small and during a big snow storm, I stopped there and waited for
my husband to pick me up since the  sidewalks were so snowy.
They are real friendly and sponsor shows as well as other galleries in town.
A church also has a small show of someone's art. They invited my husband to
have a show. I hoped he would take them upon it but frankly he is quite
busy. I think if he had help getting his stuff there it would make a
difference. You know how family issues are sometime.

Yes, the art center here has all that expensive equipment. I think it would
be quite a learning experience learning to set up and use a kiln. I can't
imagine the utility bill!
Linda, do you have a kiln or do you have one that you can use at the art
center?  Here they have all those little things you can use such as brushes,
rolling pins etc.

Best,
Georgia