[Nfb-krafters-korner] Seniors and craft project

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 20:28:14 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I am new to the list and although I did plenty of crafts as a youngster,
mostly at the CA School for the blind in the 60's, I haven't done a ton of
things since then. I am the coordinator of a program for seniors loosing
vision in the State of Alaska. It occurred to me that it would be cool to
create a project that all could work on and then sell that project as a way
to help the little non-profit to make some money. I thought of a quilt
initially, but after discussing this with Ramona who was very kind to call
me when a message I sent to the senior list didn't work, I decided that a
quilt probably is just too much bother. A little brainstorming would be so
appreciated and perhaps making several things might be the way to go. Most
of these ladies have had vision in the past and may have a little trouble
realizing that they can still create. I've done knitting, crocheting and
some sewing but don't currently own a sewing machine. Hmm, maybe I need a
good excuse for acquiring a sewing machine. Any ideas will be appreciated
and I apologize for the lengthiness of this post.

Thanks a bunch.

Bonnie Lucas