[Nfb-krafters-korner] Adaptive Sewing Tips

Karen butterfly05 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 20:45:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm getting really adventurous in my crafting and would like to purchase a sewing machine. I called a local sewing shop that carries Janome, Brother and Viking brands. Is there a brand that is more blind-friendly?

There was an article in Ziegler about adaptive sewing techniques last week and I noted the author who has low vision purchased a Viking. It seems like the key is to have a machine that is easy to thread and to be able to sew straight. I'm curious to know what your experiences have been with the newer machines and what features you find most essential and helpful.

The Ziegler article can be found here:

http://www.matildaziegler.com/2011/05/25/contributor-jaqueline-anderson-adaptive-sewing-tips/

Karen