[Nfb-krafters-korner] General question about plastic canvas patterns

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Tue Mar 1 21:44:15 UTC 2011

I learned from tactual examples from a friend and some drawings and from then on, I have been on my own.  I have bought a few items, from craft fairs to get ideas and see if I can follow a design and or shape.  Once, I copied the shape of a rieth, but the sample was done on 10 count camvas and mine came out larger.  For the life of me, I can not find the original pin nor my sample, copy.  I have a pumpkin pin that I would like to figure out.  The big problem is sometimes people cut things out on an angle, on the canvis, to make their shape.
There is a stitch book out.  My friend showed me just a few stitches.  I expanded one stitch and created my own diamond patern.  When you all get a bit more advanced, I might teach it to you.  It is very pretty.  Those that have seen my slate cases or eye glass cases, might have seen the patern.

Time to close down for the day.

Terry P.