[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ: Numbers of projects & timelines

slerythema slerythema at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:49:59 UTC 2011

Great question!

I am foremost a knitter, however, thanks to Laurie, I am also now doing some
beading.

When I first taught myself how to knit, I finished one project before
starting another. I am proud to say that I only have one UFO--a sweater that
I cannot seem to bring myself to finish the last sleeve on. Recently, I
purchased a cloth box to keep next to my chair. This box is going to always
keep an afghan in progress. Since afghans get big fairly quick, they are
hard to carry around and are designated my stay home projects.

My mother has me making a TV cover for the wall mount in the utility room.
Since I am designing the pattern as I go and have to stop and try it on at
different points, this is a stay at home project that comes before the
afghan. In theory, if I have to wait to buy more yarn or try it on, then
I'll work on the afghan until I can pick this back up.

My carry along project is currently a shawl. This one is in a holding state
until I can find and fix the problem I have.

Until the shawl is fixed, I am working on a pair of socks. I currently have
enough yarn for nine pairs of socks. KnitPicks discontinued my favorite sock
yarn so I received some as a gift at Christmas, purchased some fro another
two pairs prior to that, and recently bought most of the remaining yarn they
had. Plus, I used some birthday money to try a different sock yarn as a
replacement. I love my hand knit socks, so I'll probably have a pair of in
the works most of the time until I have a drawer full.

And finally, thanks to Laurie, I have a necklace and earring set in the
works. This is actually "in the works" because I am limiting myself to three
hours of beading a month until I am totally caught up on processing photos.
The earrings are complete and the necklace is laid out and ready to be
strung. I have a rolling cart (from Joann's that was discounted from $70 to
$25) that I keep all of my beading supplies in. One of the drawers, I use to
store a beading board with my in progress work. When I design a necklace, my
preferred method is to lay it out using the board so I can change anything I
want before actually stringing it.

Oh, did I mention that I design my own patterns? That means that I typically
have something in the planning stages that I am working on, too.

The total is:
1. afghan
2. tv cover
3. shawl
4. socks
5. necklace and earring set
6. knitting pattern

Hey, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Cindy S.