[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ: Numbers of projects & timelines

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Mar 29 12:54:58 UTC 2011

Wow, Cindy, nice to read of all your projects.

The first of the year I made myself a list of things to knit this year - got
out all the patterns/books/mags and put them in a storage box in my yarn
room/studio/office. To go with them I also created a list as a word document
that I can bring up on the computer and read as I go.  Then, I put some of
the patterns on my "milestone" so I am ready to take it with me along with
my project anywhere I go. My "Milestone" is my life saver - holds tiles for
all my current and future projects in one folder. The  4 other folders hold
Addresses;  Phone Numbers; Travel Details when I am traveling;  and
Presentation notes for when I am doing a speaking engagement.

I always have multiple projects in the works at all times.
Right now, in knitting, I have on my needles:
1.) ShrugAwl - Lion Brand Yarn pattern.
2.) Place Mat in my own design. I am making six of them, and have 2 more to
make.
3.) Dish Cloth - to match the placemats. I am making 8 of them, have two
more to make.
4.) Bag that is in the book _Romantic Style_ by Jennie Atkinson

And, will be creating a special yarn for a local Alpaca Farm, to be sold in
their store that will be opening very soon.  My yarn will be an Alpaca
blend, and will be sold in a kit - have to create the yarn and knit the
piece up for display in the shop this spring. (FUN)

Then, I have beading projects going on, too. I have a one person exhibition
at a museum in Sept and have a lot of encrusted beading projects to get done
before then - they will be in the show with my pottery. Those things will be
dong in my pottery and beadworking studio once it is open for the season,
late April. I do not make pottery over the winter as I work in my fibers
studio which is in my home during those months.

And, finally, I am one of the 16 blind people who was selected to
participate in the pilot program with Ebay and NFB last February. Since I
returned home from that experience, I have been posting approximately 35 or
more items per week for sale on eBay. If you would like to see what I have
for sale at any time, just type in my seller name:  Zgal

Right now, I am selling my jewelry and handmade journals.  I will be away
most of April but after I return from the trips I will open an eBay store:
the Z_Gallery, and will always have a store full of items I have made as
well as some beautiful collectibles.

Lynda River Woman

Happy Spring to All - Keep on Making STUFF.