[Nfb-krafters-korner] Still Seeking Training in Craftsfor Occupation

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Wed May 4 12:56:52 UTC 2011

also, your local or regional arts centers offer a lot of different kinds of
craf/art related classes. Be sure to have a conversation with the teacher
ahead of time to see if that person can work or will try to work with a
blind student - you may need one-on-one teaching instruction and there would
not be time for this in a class setting but maybe the teacher would be
willing to work with you that way for extra money after the regular class is
over or at a time you agree to meet. I make all my pottery at an arts
center, and made sure the teacher knew up front that I am visually impaired
and that she was willing to work with me in a classroom setting with the
other students. It has worked out perfect for me, I am very lucky to have
found such a great teacher. Lynda River Woman