[Nfb-krafters-korner] Please bring to board meeting

slerythema slerythema at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:40:11 UTC 2011

Denise,

If you make your own design, you are able to do anything you want. If you
use a pattern that was provided to you, you need to see if it limits your
right to use it. In the area of knitting patterns, most will have a
statement that you may use for personal use or gifts only. Some will specify
that you may sell items made from that pattern. If there is no statement,
you should contact the pattern designer to request permission to sell items
you make from that pattern.

Also, simply changing colors (i.e. using red and white instead of blue and
green) does not constitute your own design.

Caveat, I am not a lawyer, and I am not giving legal advise. This is simply
what I have been informed about from several sources.

Cindy S.

et.org/denise.shaible%40att.net