[Nfb-krafters-korner] Still Seeking Training in Crafts for Occupation

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed May 4 23:01:04 UTC 2011

There guilds for all that you speak about.  I would research first in  the
National Guilds as Basketry, Seat Weaving, etc.  Don't be afraid to  pick up
a phone and make some phone calls to the people/leaders of these guilds
and talk to them.  Ask for contact info for people in your area.   Maybe there
is not a guild that meets close to you, but then follow up with the
contacts that you get from National. for people in your state.  Who knows  you
might find exactly what you are looking for real close to you.

Be willing to take some of these chair caning classes.  Look in the  senior
centers near you.  That is how my Mom le that seniors have in the  senior
centers where I live.  You might have to pay like $20 per year to  belong as
a member, but almost all the classes that are available in the senior
center handicap folks can join in.arned how to cane.  Handicap people have  the
same privileges

In a message dated 5/3/2011 9:41:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,