[Nfb-krafters-korner] Blocking

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon May 9 12:36:02 UTC 2011

I block everything - wash gently in cool water with a very mild soap
solution of your choice.  For a blanket, I would wrap the wet article in
towels and leave in the bath tub or sink for a few hours to drain the water
out. I do this 2 or 3 times, till the article is not so wet. Then, I would
lay it out to dry - I use my bed for a drying place for my blocking. You can
use whatever you want - since the knitted item is pretty dry ferom the
towels, it is only damp when put out to dry.  I put it on a couple of layers
of towels, on my bed or a futon I have in a spare room. Pat it out nicely
and let it air dry. That is it. Very easy. And, the item will smell so fresh
and nice, too, and be much more fluid and soft and will look much better
since blocking evens out your stitches and releases the tension that is
there after knitting the item. Once you block a few things, you'll always do
it because the difference is very noticable.  Hope this helps you.
Lynda River Woman