[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: summer fun with Kids

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed May 11 13:54:47 UTC 2011

Another one....

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Henrietta Brewer
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:00 PM
To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] summer fun with Kids

Okay, the truth is, I went to Shipshewana yesterday. Walked all day
and had a great time. I brought home fresh produce to take care of
today and forgot that it is Wednesday.

Here are a few ideas to entertain the kids when you forgot to plan.

Butterflies

materials

plastic clamp clothes pin

pipe cleaner
tissue paper

Dirrections

Place of colored tissue paper in the clamp of the clothes pin. Use
the pipe cleaner to make the antena.

If you have a butterfly net help the kids catch their
butterflies.  They look beautiful hanging in the window and will
flutter when and if we get a breeze.

We are hoping for rain around here.  Do you have a rain gage in your yard?

You can make one by taping a ruler to the outside of a clear plastic
jar.  Have children record the rain fall for a while.  No rain YOu
say?  Well, measure the water from your sprinkler.

Here is a cute idea for a hat for little girls to make during dress up.

Materials

crepe paper streamers
cupcake papers

tape or glue

Simply glue the flowers, cupcake papers, to the streamers and tie
uner the chin.

I always kept pipe cleaners in my purse for those long waiting room times.

We could make designs, animals, flowers or letters and numbers.  How
about making a pair of glasses using pipe cleaners?

Henrietta
~I wish you enough~