[Nfb-krafters-korner] KK constitution and voting

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Fri May 13 05:50:03 UTC 2011

Cindy,
   I think you'll find that the "No Proxy Voting" strictly refers to Article V: Officers and Their Duties in our Constitution where it pertains to the elections of officers for the two year terms of the top 4 positions, President, First and Second Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
   It says Officers shall be elected by a majority vote of the active members present and voting. There shall be "no proxy voting" (on these particular positions).
   Section One - Regular meetings: goes on to say that - Members may be polled by telephone, mail ballot, or by email on any question, except elections and Constitutional Amendments.
   It also says in Section Two - Special Meetings that members are to be notified by mail and/or email at least ten days in advance of any special meeting that has been called, therefore reinforcing the need to notify any absent member by telephone, mail ballot, or email of any special question that has to be voted on providing them with a platform for answering as in Section One any poll to be decided on by telephone, mail ballot, or email, with the exception of an election or Constitutional Amendments for which your presence is required.
     Audrey Wellner, Secretary
     NFB Krafters Korner division