[Nfb-krafters-korner] blanket

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri May 20 22:22:27 UTC 2011

I just saw a feature on the news this week. A college lab did biological
testing on NEW clothing from 3 different kinds of stores.  Results, in three
days, were so disgusting.  Bacterias of all sorts grew from the swabs that
were used on the brand new items.  They even grew Black mold in the tests.
So, think about it.  HOW many pairs of HANDS have handled that yarn? Just
because it is new, does not mean it is clean.  People have made it, packaged
it, shipped it, received it, put it out in the store, and dozens of hands
many have been on it before you bought it. And then, while you were working
on it YOUR hands were all over it for hours and days or weeks in the
process.  Do you think it is good to give a blanket or garment to someone,
without washing it first.

I would definitely WASH it before giving it and would include the washing
instructions with the gift.

Lynda River Woman