[Nfb-krafters-korner] anniversary present

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun May 29 04:17:42 UTC 2011

If you haven't learned something new it is a wasted day!  Many more
learning days.

In a message dated 5/28/2011 7:15:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
b.butterfly at comcast.net writes:

Let me  back up a bit and refresh everyone's mind, including mine, giggle.

For  our sixth wedding anniversary my husband bid on and won a class on
wire
jewelry making.  The class kept being put off and off by the  teacher
totally
upsetting my husband.  So he put his paw down and I  had my class in
December.  Well it snowed like a dusting which scares  people in Washington,
since it really does not snow very much where I live  between the Olympics
and cascade Mountain ranges.  So we left early to  resume another time.
Friday May 27, sy, we resumed.  She had a lovely  lunch for us and seemed
much more relaxed.  She did indeed teach me  how to bend wire to make links
for jewelry.  I made the links to a  bracelet with turquoise dangles.  It is
really cute.  She fixed  my oopses.  Then she made basically the same style
bracelet but with  sterling silver wire and the pearls from the left over
necklace and  bracelet set my husband bought me in china.  I put the pearls
on pins,  which made me feel like I was helping.  She tried one and  got
frustrated. So, well, guess I really did help, smile.  But oh the  silver
against the gleaming pearls, lovely bracelet.

One thing I  did on my own while she made my pearl bracelet was work with
wire.  I  made a chain stitch then I put a bead on, chained more and
another
bead.  I linked the two sides together then instead of it  being round, I
elongated it to hang on a chain, smile. Everyone thought  what a cool idea.
Hey it was fun, smile.

Becky and Jake

Nfb-krafters-korner  mailing  list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org