[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introducing myself

artist imanartist at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 5 17:32:40 UTC 2011

Hi Linda and thank you for the welcome.  I can hear we are kindred spirits.
I lost my sight on my 74th birthday.  It was the first gift I received that
day. and that day was the first day of my new life, an adventure into
darkness.  .  I am now about 7 years  old in my learning ability, LOL.   It
took me just 3 months to start drawing and painting again and I haven't
stopped since.  I love watercolors and drawing and can still do that.  The
gift in that is the abstract quality that took me out of the box.  .   I
love to show my work as most people find it uplifting.  .  I also love
quilting, weaving, pottery   and Probably other things too that I haven't
gotten around to trying  yet.  I have two kilns, lots of tools and glazes as
I used to own and operate a ceramic studio.  I have very little knowledge
about high fired clay and glazes.  I have some experience with Porcelain but
mostly have worked with low fired clay and products.  Right now I am doing
some modeling and have made some three dimensional flowers which are waiting
for glaze.  I don't remember if the clay is low or high fire but it has
already been fired so I just need to decide on a glaze.  I heard somewhere
that you can use the low fired glazes on high fired bisque but not the high
fired glaze on the low fired bisque Can you verify this?   I don't want to
use something that will not work if I can avoid it.   I prefer success to
failure.  Hoping you can help.  JoAn