[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introducing myself

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Nov 3 12:52:18 UTC 2011

Hello Jo An, Artist
So very NICE to meet you. Your story is so much like mine I am amazed. I,
too, am an artist, was a professor of fine arts and humanities, and lost my
sight four years ago.  I was a painter/printmaker/weaver prior to sight
loss, and I have turned my art life around since sight loss and now I do
pottery and encrusted bead weaving. Just this past year, I have once again
been able to get the skill level up to be able to once again participate in
juried art exhibitions and had my first one person exhibition (since sight
loss) just last September - what a thrill to once again be in the "show
business."  The real ME is back, but altered into a newer version of the
real me. haha
You will love this group of very talented, smart, and fun people. Glad to
meet you.

Lynda River Woman, Artist