[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting - How to Establish Correct Gage WhenYou Have No Vision

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:42:00 UTC 2011

Therese, do you have a Braille tape measure?  If so, the gage is usually
shown in inches, number of stitches for the width, and number of rows for
the length.  For best results, you first knit a sample to establish the gage
and keep messuring for length and width as you construct your garment.
Start with something relatively simple with no cables, and follow the
pattern, checking from time to time to be sure that your knitting is even.
I make lots of sweaters, and they fit pretty well.

Ramona