[Nfb-krafters-korner] KK long loom, how to wrap?

Tanya Wheatley blind_quilter at msn.com
Tue Nov 8 14:55:58 UTC 2011

Good morning, Ohio.

Wrap the rows first that you are comfortable with. Whichever row you decide
to wrap first will be the odd numbered pegs. For me, it is more comfortable
to work from left to right and for the top row to be my first wrapped peg.

And I forgot to mention last night, the cast on edge for this stitch is very
loose and I do not like it. But there is a way to tighten up the cast on
without having to crochet it when you are done. The cast on is called the
Lucet cast on. To do this cast on, wrap the first peg on both top and bottom
then wrap it again and knit the bottom loop over the top loop. Now grab the
working yarn and pull until the stitches on the pegs tighten up but can
still slide up and down the pegs without a fight. Now move to the second peg
on both top and bottom and repeat the process. Do this for all pegs you wish
to use for your project. This makes a nice even edge to your project.

Tanya