[Nfb-krafters-korner] Thank You - Therese

Therese Gardner what-sharky at att.net
Sun Nov 13 14:48:15 UTC 2011

Good Morning All:

I want to express my graditude for the warm welcome and great idea in
regards to determining knitting gage. Interestingly enough, I was playing
with the safety pen idea of marking stiches and rows in hopes of getting
that down. Well, I keep trying. You know practice makes perfect or one heck
of a knot.

I also have the braille ruler and measuring tape.

To the person who posed the question as to status of vision, I am totally
blind and knit by touch. I suspect that is one of the reasons I am a very
tight knitter and thus have problems getting the gage down.

I have also reviewed the KraftersKorner site. Needless to say I have passed
that site on to my instructors. (I happen to work for a state agency who
guides individuals through the rehabilitation process e.g.. adjusting to
vision loss. This is going to be a great resource and people can participate
from the comfort of their home.)

I do hope to  be able to participate in the phone conferences/training. It
will be a challenge though as I get off work at the time you all start.

While I won't comment on adjusting to vision loss here, I do that so much in
my job so try to leaved that at work, I must say we have some great
counselors on this list. Each and every one of you have  brought forth some
valid points.

Curious do we have any hard core readers on the list. If so, NLS has a great
book on the social history of knitting.

Also, they have an instruction book on "Learn to Knit Afghan". Every stitch,
at least as far as I know, lives in that book. I find it to be a great
resource.

Look forward to reading the list during the week.

And, if I don't' get a chance before the holiday, please have a safe and
peaceful Thanksgiving.

Therese