[Nfb-krafters-korner] Keeping Yarn on Cones Upright

Neva Fairchild nevafairchild at verizon.net
Tue Nov 15 19:48:47 UTC 2011

I bought cotton yarn from kmart.com for a baby blanket I want to make and it
came on cones. I want a simple mechanism to keep the cones upright as I knit
with a loom, which means I will be using strands from two cones at the same
time. Any ingenious ideas? I've thought of a board with two dowels, but that
means a trip to Home Depot which cannot happen until this weekend. I mostly
don't want the cones rolling around, getting tangled, picking up dog fur
from the hard wood floor and tempting my dog to play with a new soft chew
toy.

Neva Fairchild
972 416-7039