[Nfb-krafters-korner] Clay questions

Kestrell kestrell at panix.com
Tue Nov 15 20:35:41 UTC 2011

I'm very sorry I missed this, especially as I was hoping to have some
questions answered.

1. Are there particular brands of air-dry clay you would recommend? I have
arthritis in my hands, so I am particularly hoping to find some easy-to-mold
clays.

2. Do various clays vary in the texture while you are working the clay? do
they vary in texture or porousness--is that the correct term?--once they
have dried?

3. Can air-dry clays be glazed once they are cured?

4. How long does it typically take air-dry clay to dry completely?

5. Are there any books or Web sites which you can recommend for working with
air-dry clay? How about tools or tool sets which you would recommend to use
with air-dry clay?

Thank you for any answers you can provide, and I'm sorry I have so many
questions.

Kestrell