[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting tension?- Therese

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 16 00:50:14 UTC 2011

I can attest to the fact that blindness doesn't make a tighter knitter.  I
was totally sighted until 7 years ago.  Sighted I would knit and my tension
would get tighter and tighter as I went.  I am now totally blind and my
tension is much looser.

For me the big change came with the needles.  I used to use the metal
needles.  I would hold onto my knitting for dear life, so afraid it was
going to slip off those slippery needles.  A woman told me to try wood
needles, and it made a world of difference in my knitting.  There is just a
little bit of friction using the wood that makes it so I loosen up on my
grip and can knit a much nicer fabric.

 Dixie
Are you a blind spinner?  Join us at our new group
blindspinners at yahoogroups.com