[Nfb-krafters-korner] safety pin beading pattern for flower blooms

Ohio Gardener flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:40:08 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Sometime in October, there was a discussion on the list on the topic of how
about.com had safety pin beading patterns, which were inaccessible. I went
to the site and found some patterns I really wanted to try, but could not
see the pictures. So I asked my sister, who has some usable vision, to look
at the picture and describe it to me and write down any instructions. So she
has done that by emailing it to me.

She wrote the list of pins and the order of beads on each pin. Then she said
that the pins were  wired vertically together. my question is how exactly
should I wire them? I have only done a circular pattern, so don't know how
to attach pins in this way.

My sister says it is a pretty pattern. There are fourteen pins with ten
beads on a pin, but the bead sizes and kinds of beads are  not listed.

Any advice as to how to proceed would be appreciated.

If some one would like to use this pattern to teach a class or Monday night
bead along, , it might be nice for a spring project. I probably would be
able to ask my sister to write down other patterns for us to use for classes
or bead-alongs, if people are interested. I just can't teach them myself
yet!

Contact me privately if you would like to do so.

Ohio

flowersandherbs at gmail.com