[Nfb-krafters-korner] Using braille in crafts, was, Re: more picture info

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Oct 2 12:45:00 UTC 2011

Good Morning to the KK artisans,

Can't wait for us to do some cool things with clay in our KK group. Will be
excited to see where you take it. There are no limits, and you imagination
can take you wherever you may want to go and even to places you may have
never visited before.  Beautiful, isn't it!
What I love about pottery is that it is so tactile and visual at the same
time. I love to put my arms around my large vessels and just hold them. They
are so alive with energy.  And, yet, the small things I make have that same
touch and energy, too. We create things that take on a life of their own.
It's a mystery - pure magic.

I close my pottery studio in December and don't make pottery again in the
studio until spring when I reopen the studio. Over the winter months, I do
inside the house kind of things - encrusted beadworking and knitting
projects - things I do while listening to books.

Right now, I am working on a series of Spirit Treasure Boxes - I will spend
the entire next 2 months working on nothing but the box form, and will be
very excited to see where it leads me. That is the beauty of working in a
series - by doing a  "body of work" it keeps my mind focused on one
image/concept, and it leads you to new and very exciting things that happen
during that period of time.  I will be teaching how to do these boxes to our
group early next year, so I will be exploring the possibilities myself over
the next two months. I have talked with Joyce and have offered to do three
courses after Christmas - clay projects that you can personalize and make
YOUR OWN using the techniques.

Have a most joyous fall day today - it is truly magic
Lynda River Woman