[Nfb-krafters-korner] {Disarmed} dehydratinglistmightbeinteresting to some

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Sep 2 22:23:28 UTC 2011

Gee Whiz, do you know what Joyce and honey bees have in common?  We  both
love purple!

In a message dated 9/2/2011 1:11:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
prettycraftykitty at gmail.com writes:

Grated?  I sliced the ones I did. So how do you do grated? Just lay it out
in layers or  what?

Cinnamon, now that would be good. I'll have to try that. Do you  add the
spices before you dry or after? I added the  salt
before.

I've got some kale in the garden so I'll have to try  this. Sounds like a
great way to add nutrition.

To pit the cherries.  First I pull the stems off. If it does not have a
stem then I either let a  sighted person check it
or cut out the very end because without the stem  they can mold more
quickly, especially the tart ones. I also found that
the  tart ones turn colors more quickly than the sweet ones. Anyway, back
to  pitting. I turn it so that when I cut it I
cut from stem end around to stem  end across the flat sides of the cherry.
The sweet ones are not totally round  but have
two sides that are very round and two that are more flat. If you  cut
across the two flat sides then you are cutting
across the pit. I cut  down to the pit all the way around. Then I take the
cherry and with one half  in one hand and the
other in the other I give it a twist. And it pops right  in half. Takes
maybe a quarter twist. Then one side has no pit
and the  other has the pit. To get the pit out I take my finger and wiggle
it back and  forth until it is loose and then
take my fingernail and lift it out. I  guess you could use the knife tip
but that would be a little more dangerous  for me
without seeing where that tip goes especially when the pit comes  out.

Anne