[Nfb-krafters-korner] speakers and creative ideas

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 18:43:27 UTC 2011

Did she use a ruler?  My husband said that is how he learned to pay
attention in school.

In a message dated 9/8/2011 12:04:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
riverwoman at zoominternet.net writes:

Just  because a person can do something very well, does not mean they are
GOOD  teachers!  I studied pottery in college, too, and the instructor
never
came near anyone's clay or work on the wheel or otherwise. It is not done
-
and you would have learned nothing if you did not learn to center your
clay
yourself. It all begins with learning that, and it can take you many
hours,
days, weeks to just learn that ONE thing. The next thing you have  to learn
well, is how to make it into a cylindar. If you cannot make a  cylindar,
you
can never go forward to make anything else. It takes a LOT  of time and a
LOT
of practice, so do not feel badly.  I think it is  awesome that you even
tried like you did. Don't let that bad experience  stop you from moving on
-
there are GOOD teachers out there who are  patient and who want to have ALL
their students do well in their classes.  My teacher the past four years is
NUN, so I was really LUCKY to have her  instructing me -
Lynda River Woman