[Nfb-krafters-korner] A description of one of Lynda's pictures - Was: Talismans

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 11 13:09:58 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I shared Lynda's picture of the talisman she named _M_ with a friend of
mine.   Below is her description of what the picture looks like.  Hope you
enjoy it.
Lynda, I hope it does the picture justice.

Annette

It's beautiful. My impression is an all-seeing eye of mother earth. In
purple and yellow gold colors. It would be very interesting to fondle with
lots of different textures in the beads.

Recall the cabochons I bezel with seed beads? Start with that, and envision
an even larger border. I suspect it is beaded to a backing perhaps covered
with ultra-suede or felt. Then there are contrasting decorative beads around
the bottom half completed with beaded fringe surrounding the lower half. It
is nicely asymmetrical. The center cabochon is canary yellow and the bezel
is constructed with dark purple iridescent beads highlighted with gold beads
and some blue iridescent beads. The fringe is made with kinda greenish gold
bugle beads (tubes) with brighter purple tiny seed beads at the ends. It is
on a strung necklace of same/similar beads plus some blue mother-of-pearl
type coin beads and a few green leaves.