[Nfb-krafters-korner] A description of one of Lynda's pictures -Was: Talismans

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Sep 11 22:36:31 UTC 2011

well, thanks. it was fun to hear someone describe _M_ for me, since I cannot
SEE it myself in any kind of detail.
WOW...I like the description.
I think the major stone in this piece is a GREEN CALCITE Cabochon. I know I
tried to use Purple, Blue, and Greens. There are rich patches of lime green
freshwater pearls, iridescent blue accent beads that are round and puffy and
textured - I am not sure what they are. I bought them by the piece is a nice
bead shop a few years ago when I could see them!

My necklace was the one I wore to my opening reception Friday night and
everyone was raving over it. I call it _M_ because I made it to match my
Marc Bouwer dress I wore to the reception. The dress is all black with a
burst of these same colors at the left shoulder and side front of the dress,
and at the back on the right shoulder and side back. Marc Bouwer uses the
_M_ on his labels so I named the necklace after the label of my top. I found
him on Face Book this morning and I told him about the necklace I designed
to match his dress - I hope he gets to see it for himself.

Thanks for the description. My husband helps me pick the beads - I describe
what I want, and he tries to find the right beads for me - then I separate
them into little dishes and keep them in an order that I will know where
each color is.

Lynda River Woman