[Nfb-krafters-korner] Clay classes in January

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Wed Sep 21 12:28:26 UTC 2011

One winter day I was pressing a large slab of clay, well, actually several
slabs of clay, outside - pushing them onto old railroad ties. After I pushe
them well into all the grooves, I cover the slabs up and leave them there
overnight.  My neighbor came out in the morning as I was uncovering my
slabs.  He said, "Are you making bread?"  There is no telling what my
neighbors think of me - an old lady laying slabs of thick clay on rocks,
fallen tree trunks, and abandoned railroad ties. The fantastic thing about
CLAY is that ANYTHING GOES.

Lynda River Woman