[Nfb-krafters-korner] more picture info

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Thu Sep 22 18:23:25 UTC 2011

Thank you, Joyce.
I find this all very interesting. I find the idea of being able to draw with
a computer program, and as a blind person, quite fascinating. I am sure
there are all kinds of uses for such a program, e.g. being able to draw
simple shapes/pictures of basic objects, numbers and letters for our
children, card making, scrap booking, and of course for crafts that may
become more accessible by using such a program, not to mention the
possibilities for blind students and teachers.
Here in South Africa, as in other countries, braille printers are quite
expensive for the average blind person and there are only a few places that
will do braille embossing; normally it can take a long time too, so there is
a waiting period.
So, I would be interested in other ways of making the print into a tactile
format, which will enable one to do a drawing, print or emboss, or whatever,
and feel what you have drawn.
I also like the idea of being able to write a line of text. I can see some
possibilities for this too.
Lindy