[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: BANA open forum November 3, 2011

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Tue Sep 27 14:02:02 UTC 2011

The Braille Authority of North America, BANA, sets standards for Braille transcribers. They are "the big Kahuna" in the American-English Braille world. I noticed this craft item in their announcement (posted below):

"Discussions will include the revision of the formats guidelines publication and the guidelines for knit and crochet, which have been submitted for approval."

I am going to the Open Forum (I've already emailed to ask for a seat) but not sure yet whether I want to give up my weekend to listen in on their board meeting which will surely be full of nit-picking details about Braille that I won't understand. If any of you Krafters Korner folks are coming, let me know so I can say hi, okay?  Also I live here in Baltimore and work at NFB HQ so can answer transportation questions if you take an Amtrak train or bus or car to get here.

Your Viking wire-weaver friend,

Lorraine Rovig