[Nfb-krafters-korner] My first Craft show of the year

Charlotte sirius_black at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 11:07:12 UTC 2012

I guess the words that sum it up best are blah, yuck, never again. It
was at a high school, so I thought my handmade soaps and bath products
would go over really well there. Ha ha yeah right. People wanted
everything for nothing. This one woman actually asked if I had buy one
get one free deals, because at $3.50 for a 4 ounce bar of homemade soap
with all the ingredients you could possibly wat, that was just too high.
I informed her politely that no, I did not offer those kinds of
promotions. Then another woman asked me what was the difference between
my tubes of homemade flavored lip balm and chapstick. Well, let's see,
ultra moisturizing, flavored really well, and not a whole cocktail of
chemicals. Not good enough. So to make a long story short, it was a
bust. I barely made my table back, which is I guess at least something.
And the ironic part is the people that bought from me were the ones I
invited to the craft show. Have a great week and hope you have better
success with your craft endeavors. Watch out for the crazy blind lady
with the dolly. I have another show in 3 weeks. lol
Charlotte

--
Skype Name: MidnightPixie2
If you're a crafter looking to advertise your wares, or you're looking to buy handmade items, then join my group. Send a blank email to HandmadeSellNTrade-subscribe at yahoogroups.com