[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting with beads

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:57:02 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am about to start two new projects, not sure when but soon. I have the
patterns and supplies, all I need is the time.

The first project is a dog collar made by using the knitting loom, yarn and
beads. I have gold pony beads and bright green acrylic worsted weight yarn.
I have never worked with beads and yarn and am excited to try this new twist
to the loom.

The other project is knitting on the loom using wire and beads. I am going
to make a bracelet using clear wire and glass gemstone beads in different
shapes with a marbled turquoise color. The spacer beads will either be 4mm
silver or seed beads silver, depending on which I can use and which will fit
on my wire. I am also curious to see how this project comes out and will let
you all know my progress once I begin.

I was thinking that the mock crochet stitch would look nice with beads as
well, because of the lacy effect of the stitches. But haven't a pattern for
that yet.

Cathy