[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting with yarn and beads on a loom

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:05:15 UTC 2012

Terry asked:

Has anyone ever made a necklace from yarn and beads?

Cathy answers:

I am currently working on a dog collar made from beads and yarn. I am using
DK weight yarn and pony beads which look to be about 8mm with a large hole.
I am having difficulty because the yarn gets very tight even when I knit one
eWrap at a time. the U stitch also gets very tight. I have been placing a
bead beside every other peg and putting on beads approximately every four
rows. I may have to try something else to se if I can get the yarn to loosen
up. for a necklace you could try the magic cord, being stretchy that might
work better than wire or yarn.