[Nfb-krafters-korner] Our classes

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 20:50:12 UTC 2012

Hello,

It has been brought to my attention that in the past the majority of
students  had their supplies purchased and ready to work to create the  craft at
the time of the class.  That is the way we advised our teachers to  create
their classes.

We found it very helpful that the students worked along while the teachers
did the classes.  If there was any questions or you needed a better
explanation you could ask at the very time you were trying to do it.   Sometime it
helps to just have another student put it in other words for the  light
bulb to go on.  Our teachers work at a pace to accomodate and keep  most of the
students at the same pace.  Our teachers are fantastic in  giving extra one
to one help if someone needs it, too.

It seems like the number of students are growing that are just listening at
 the classes and less folks are actually working on the project.  This is a
 shame.  Our classes were designed for students to participate and learn
with hands on.  We allow classes to be posted 4  to 5 weeks  before beginning
of class to give everyone time to purchase or order their  supplies.

We will continue to teach classes in this way and feel that it is important
 to teach this way.  Our teachers put a lot into their explanations and
time  to prepare   a class for you.  Please take the time to participate in
the class and ask your questions during class.  Not all teachers provide
written directions and notes and not all classes are recorded.  We thank  our
teachers for taking the time and effort to teach us new krafting skills and
crafting projects.